Website Caesars Republic Scottsdale
HCW Hospitality is an award-winning and rapidly growing hotel ownership and management company. Founded in 1992, our diverse portfolio of Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt hotels
HCW Hospitality is an award-winning and rapidly growing hotel ownership and management company. With a foundation dating back to 1992, we manage an impressive portfolio of Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt hotels spanning across four states, encompassing approximately 8,000 hotel rooms, with more exciting developments on the horizon. We are actively seeking exceptional and driven individuals to join our dynamic team. At HCW Hospitality, we prioritize the well-being of our associates and guests alike, understanding that our team is the bedrock of our organization. In line with this, we have cultivated a supportive and nurturing work environment that fosters both personal and professional growth.
The Chief Engineer holds a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient operation, maintenance, service, and repair of all equipment while aligning with HCW Hospitality’s objectives of guest satisfaction, cost control, and profitability. They also oversee and actively participate in the Preventative Maintenance program, ensuring that all rooms and public spaces meet HCW Hospitality standards. As a member of our management team, Chief Engineers are expected to commit the necessary time to fulfill their responsibilities. Overtime applies to OEM associates as required.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the hotel or related industry; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience
- Supervisory experience required.
- Current Certification as required by Federal, State or Local governing agents pertaining to trade requirements (e.g., HVAC, pool operation, electrical), property specific.
- Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the hotels boilers and chillers as required by state, city, and local legislation.
- Proficiency in resolving workplace issues, including anticipation, prevention, identification, and resolution
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Train, supervise and mentor a team of engineers and maintenance technicians, ensuring they deliver high-quality work and meet set standards.
- Schedule and assign tasks, provide guidance, and conduct performance evaluations for the engineering team.
- Review Engineering staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Focus the Engineering Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Engineering personnel according to HCW Hospitality standards.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, promoting teamwork and professional development.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems, ensuring they operate efficiently and meet safety regulations.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to minimize equipment downtime and maximize their lifespan.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to HCW Hospitality standards.
- Establish ongoing training for all departments especially Housekeeping, Front Desk and Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of their departments and equipment.
- Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments, using proper procedures for all purchases and keep all necessary items (light bulbs, name tags, etc.) stocked.
- Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems, including extinguishers, smoke alarms, etc., to maintain proper safety standards.
- Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy conservation.
- Participate in required M.O.D. covered as scheduled.
Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to building codes, safety standards, and environmental regulations.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify potential hazards or maintenance issues and take prompt corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records of inspections, repairs, and equipment inventory.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Source and procure necessary equipment, tools, and supplies, ensuring cost-effectiveness and quality.
Salary Range: $85,000- 105,000 (depending on experience) with benefits.
Join HCW Hospitality to be part of our exciting journey, contribute to our success, and shape the future of the hospitality industry!