Website JH Speciality
JH is a full-service marketing and web development firm based in Fort Wayne, IN. Founded by John Henry III in 1998, the company specializes in the utilization of technology in marketing applications, website design, web development, search engine marketing, communications and efficiency. JH has provided marketing campaigns, Web sites, search engine optimization, events and promotional product and apparel fulfillment for a variety of clients from Fortune 500 companies to Mom and Pop shops across the United States.
About the job
A DevOps Engineer at JH Specialty manages complex web hosting environments, networks, and systems. As a part of the Web Team department, you’ll be joining a passionate group of individuals. Each has their own set of highly developed skills tailored to their various responsibilities. Each day will play out in our fun, sometimes crazy, close knit, possibly hectic, flexible, always challenging, and supportive atmosphere. Your role will be key to the success of this team to make everyone’s job as stress free as possible.
JH is a Fort Wayne based company looking for someone with a problem-solver mind and the talent to support it. Since 1998, JH continues to surpass customer expectations and finds itself in an ongoing growth pattern. We continue to grow because of our diversely talented team and maybe you will be the next addition to the JH family.
- 3+ years of Linux system administration, required.
- 3+ years of Apache (or tomcat/ NGINX) web hosting experience, required.
- 3+ years of MySQL (or PostgreSQL), required.
- Ability to work on-site, full-time, in our Fort Wayne, IN office, required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and manage web hosting with LAMP (Linux, MySQL, Apache, PHP)
- Administer virtualization: VMWare ESXi, virtualbox, KVM, QEMU
- Automate Linux server management with ansible
- Write scripts to automate tasks using bash, python, php
- Use command-line tools to administer servers
- Manage and configure networks: firewalls, switches, VPN, DNS
- Configure and manage backups
- LAMP stack server setup / configuration
- Troubleshoot server and network issues
Critical Thinking: Makes decisions and solve problems based on critical thinking. Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze complex data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Communication: Communicates accurate and complete information in a timely and transparent manner. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Time Management: Ability to jump from project to project and prioritize on-the-fly in an autonomous style. This role will be expected to juggle multiple projects at a time and deliver timely results.
Adaptability: Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to adapt to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events. Able to respond to adversity or restrictions of the organization with resilience and tenacity.
Accountability: Acceptance of responsibility for honest and ethical conduct towards others and having a willingness to be transparent.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Builds constructive and effective relationships; builds trust and treats others with respect; presents information and responds to questions with confidence; uses humility, diplomacy and honesty.
Attention to Details: the ability to accomplish/complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. This means monitoring and checking work or information, while organizing time and resources efficiently.
Compensations and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with education, credentials, experience, skills, and position
- Benefit options including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and health savings account
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible scheduling
JH has been recognized with various awards over the 25+ years of business including Best Places to Work (9 years in a row), PPAI Greatest Company to Work For, Swagger Award, Indiana Company to Watch, plus various ADDY Awards each year including Silver, Gold, Judge’s Choice, and Best of Show.
Team members find satisfaction working here because:
- Every day is different.
- We create a positive influence on businesses and business owners across the country.
- We like to have fun (food trucks, Friday socials, Combat Ops, baseball games, and more).
- We know team members have their back, and they are there for their team members.
- We work in an environment where everyone strives to live by ‘The Golden Rule’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or national origin. At JH we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles here.