Website Trilogy Investment Company
Market-rate and affordable workforce Build-To-Rent (“BTR”) housing communities, including both attached townhomes and detached single-family homes are redefining "The America Dream". Our communities offer a unique junction between traditional multifamily apartments and home ownership, at an achievable cost, with greater privacy, and a maintenance-free lifestyle. Our homes offer a way to feel at home in your own neighborhood, while allowing for the flexibility and mobility of renting. Our comprehensive site selection process ensures our communities are in thriving areas that are proximate to dining, shopping, entertainment, fantastic school systems, and major employment centers.
At Trilogy Investment Company, we’re not just building apartments, we’re revolutionizing the rental market by creating a new asset class – Build to Rent. As a developer, owner and operator of Build to Rent assets, we’re creating communities where residents feel at home and where their wellbeing is at the forefront of our approach. We believe that our innovative approach and commitment to excellence sets us apart from our competitors and positions us as a market leader in this emerging sector. As we continue to grow, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for Build-to-Rent (BTR) and are excited to join a company that is at the forefront of this exciting new asset class. Join us and help shape the future of the rental market.
Reports to: Vice President, Investments
Summary of the Position:
Director, Land Acquisitions, Atlanta [Georgia, Florida, Alabama] – We are seeking an experienced Director of Land Acquisitions focused on the metro-Atlanta market to lead our build-to-rent development and operating portfolio. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to assess potential investments in commercial ground-up development and/or multi-family, foundational assets for BTR communities. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the complexities of the development process, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about real estate and have the skills, experience, and enthusiasm necessary to excel in this role, we’d love to hear from you!
- The Land Acquisition Manager identifies new land acquisition opportunities that align with the Division’s land strategy and business plan goals.
- Conduct research, provide analysis and manage land data to maximize the profit of existing and proposed land assets.
- Contact landowners in specific target areas directly: in person, by phone, letters of interest, and other means. Meet specified quotas for activity.
- Use online appraisal district maps and municipal maps to gather information on specific sites or areas.
- Information will include utilities, zoning, topography, entitlement status, and other development-related information to assess each site.
- Maintain a tracking log of viable tracts and comparable transactions.
- Follow municipal agendas weekly to understand the active projects and acquisition. opportunities for partially entitled, fully entitled, or finished lots.
- Contact brokers on their listings and gather pertinent information.
- Establish relationships based on integrity throughout the real estate community with landowners, brokers, municipal employees, engineers, developers, attorneys, land planners, and personal relationships, which may lead to an opportunity.
- Attend networking events to generate new contacts and source deals.
- Due diligence assistance with zoning requirements, architectural requirements, utility availability, surveys, title work, rollback tax estimations, soil reports, financial analysis, environmental reports, work proposals, preliminary engineering, and land planning
- Utilize Google Earth and other mapping tools to create exhibits and track land opportunities
- Incorporate utility information, floodplain, and net acreage into map exhibits
- Assist the investments team with preparing financial proformas and plugging in assumptions, including timing, pricing, product lineup, sales pace, municipal fees, and other costs associated with development to determine the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Research and fully understand all comparable finished products (BTR, multi-family and scattered site) to assist with financial proformas.
- Populate CMA’s to help understand how the proposed product line up and pricing compare to other communities in the market area.
- Create reports from market research resources such as Co-star, John Burns, Marketplace, and other data resources to help determine consumers’ product preferences.
- Prepare LOI’s based on the terms discussed with investments leadership.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be an intelligent, collaborative, with at least 7+ years’ experience in land acquisition and management for a major homebuilder and/or residential lot development company. This successful candidate will, by nature, take a granular, hands-on approach to selecting assets and will go above and beyond to get the job done. The candidate will need to understand everything possible out the macro and micro-location. This person will be a source of new ideas and creativity to solve business problems and should be capable of accepting additional challenges as the company continues to grow. Specific to this the successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years of real estate acquisitions or development experience, preferably in multifamily or Build-to-Rent.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of Land Acquisition professionals.
- Significant relationships in the broker and land developer community.
- 3+ years of experience drafting and reviewing LOIs and PSAs.
- Four-year, bachelor’s degree.
- Broad exposure to investment analysis, both debt and equity, and experience with development projects across multiple urban and secondary markets.
- MS Office experience including advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently in a professional and flexible manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, non-bureaucratic organization.
- Upbeat, open, visible communication skills, a person known to bring humor, energy and creativity to the business and community arenas.
- Recognition within his/her current company and the industry as a person of the highest integrity, ethical grounding and professional bearing.
- Competitive salary and benefits available.