Website Funders App
Funders App is a servicing platform for ISOs and brokers to provide MCA white label funding and syndication management.
We are a thriving merchant cash advance company seeking a talented, seasoned Director of Collections with MCA experience to join a group of financial professionals in our Miami, FL office. The right candidate is an expert in collections and skilled manager adept at hiring, training, and building a robust collections team. As a team leader, the Director of Collections will identify new opportunities, create new systems, and synergize with other departments to successfully collect on delinquent merchant accounts and improve the collections process.
We’re searching for a well-qualified Collections Director with proven experience performing client outreach and collecting outstanding payments for merchant cash advances (preferred). DO NOT APPLY if you don’t have at least five years’ proven experience managing teams and collecting for law firms, credit bureaus, banks, or merchant cash advance companies as a senior manager or director of collections.
The field of merchant cash advance is exploding and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the action! The Director of Collections reports to the CEO in the N Miami Beach, FL office. This role is made for an exceptional individual with the right personality and management abilities to foster relationships, establish trust, and develop systems and procedures to ensure clients make timely payments. The Director of Collections exemplifies integrity, professionalism, and trustworthiness. The right candidate must have superior communication abilities, interpersonal skills, negotiation tactics, and work ethic.
As the Director of Collections, you will be responsible for defining systems and procedures. You will interface with executive management and participate in recruiting and training. As the Director of Collections, you will create processes to ensure the debt owed to our company is paid as quickly as possible. The Director of Collections is responsible for overseeing the entire collections operations and complying with all state and federal laws.
- Establish comprehensive collections procedures.
- Introduce/leverage technologies to streamline collections operations.
- Build a cohesive and efficient collections team.
- Manage collections team members: oversee recruiting, hiring, training, reviewing, and terminating employees.
- Own the existing portfolio of delinquent accounts.
- Ensure collections compliance with company policies when performing outreach to collect past due balances.
- Perform audits of accounts in the system.
- Establish, maintain, and enforce quality control standards by the collections team.
- Negotiate payments and follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Authorize financial settlements with clients owing large debts.
- Ensure all written correspondence complies with company policies, e.g., phone scripts, language, document verbiage, frequency of contact, etc.
- Keep current with changes in state and federal laws governing debt collections.
- Organize and facilitate employee training on new legal updates or company policies/methods.
- Oversee collections staff to operate within the confines of the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) when making phone contact with individuals and companies.
- Establish goals for the collections team (quarterly and annually).
- Monitor call reports and coach employees to achieve their daily phone call objectives.
- Identify areas of the collection process that need improvement and implement enhancements to help collectors be more effective in their performance.
- Spearhead the entire collections process, including measuring success and adjusting protocols as necessary.
- Collaborate with a network of attorneys across the United States.
- Establish relationships with new third-party collections agencies and law firms.
- Research and locate missing information vital for staff performance.
- Report collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Provide additional collections support as requested by the supervisor.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
- Proven experience with a minimum of 5 years as a collections manager, supervisor, or director working in the financial industry (credit bureaus, collections agency/law firm, banks, and other financial institutions).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (use of Microsoft Office and/or equivalent Google applications)
- Manage employees ethically and fairly while still being firm and enforcing company rules
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Expert negotiation and persuasion tactics
- Superior math abilities
- Effectively prioritize tasks
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, and reading)
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Exercise sound judgment
- To perform this role, applicants must be able to sit for extended periods of time, speak on the phone, type on the computer, and perform general administrative functions related to collections.
- Prior merchant cash advance experience is preferable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field.
- Certification from the American Collectors Association, or ACA International.